Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Modest/one piece bathing suits

The question is do they exist? I cannot believe as I have been out looking for myself and my 2 girls that the majority of swim suits are 2 piece. One I don't have the body for a 2 piece and two I want to set a good example for my daughters. Kailey actually went to a party a few weeks back at a "popular" girls house. It was really funny and cute because she called me up during the party and was like "mom all the girls have 2 piece bathing suits." I said well are you alright? Do you want me to come and get you? She said no. I could tell that she was feeling a little uncomfortable being the only one with a one piece. I feel bad that she is having to deal with such dumb things like this. Girls can be so mean! Most of the girls there were LDS. I think everyone is free to choose what they want for themselves and their kids. I guess I would have hoped that the other LDS girls would have been more supportive whether they chose to were one or two piece suits and helped everyone to feel alright. It is such a hard time for girls as it is with body issues anyway. Oh well it was a definate character builder for kailey learning that being different can sometimes be hard but worth it in the end. I am proud to say she made it through the party just fine....lol..
Anyways...enough of the drama. I came across this website that has modest, but cute suits. You can mix and match or customize your suits. SO I decided to post the link in the event that other people are having as hard of time as I have trying to find one piece let alone modest swimsuits. The down fall is that they are a little spendy. Why is that? The same goes with healthy food, we have to pay more for better quality. Oh well. Here is the link hope you like! http://www.diviinemodestee.com/

3 comments:

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I got some great advice from my friend. Her mom had she and her sisters in Bikinis from birth. And so she never knew the difference, when it came to modesty with a bathing suit. Now, with her own girls, she wants them to choose, after they leave the house. She said she won't look down on them, if the decide to wear a two piece after they move out. But the whole point of raising your kids right, is so you can stress REAL values. Modesty is number one for girls coming of age. The swimming pool is no different. They need to understand why it is important. Good for Kailey. She is so pretty, and I'm glad she chose to stay, and not let others dictate her fun!!!

Rachel said...

Aimee,
I totally agree. I just wish that it didnt matter which way you chose that either would be alright. It seems that if you go out of the norm you are somehow looked down upon. We all know that just being raised in the church.
I also think if you want to wear a 2 piece more power to ya. In fact I must say if I somehow had a killer body I may be tempted to do the same!

Mindy said...

Rachel
I know what you mean. I have found a few spendy suits, but if you take care of them, they will last you for more than one season. Tell Kailey I am proud of her for wearing a one piece to the party!!!