Sunday, August 30, 2009
Taffy Pull
Wednesday night all the laurels came over to my house for a taffy pull. We had a good time attempting to pull taffy. We used my grandma nielsen receipe for honey taffy which I absolutely love! We also tried another salt water taffy which was pretty good. So while some girls were pulling taffy, some girls were in the front room writing letters to the missionaries from our ward. It is all boys that they know and they were having a great time doing it. One of the girls decided to write a "Dear John" letter to one of the missionaries that could take a joke. She sprayed it with perfume and kissed it and all. Pretty funny. So we had plans of mailing the taffy along with the letters to the Missonaries. The other day I came home and it was all clumped together in the bags....I was so bummed. SO I will have to send a little something else along with the letters to the boys. It was a fun time! Great activity!













Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yum! I love making taffy. We always made vinegar taffy. (We kids didn't like honey all that much...)
Post a Comment